WING PARK - SWIMMING POOL
Elgin's residents used the Fox River for swimming up until around 1900 when pollution forced them to go elsewhere. The city's first outdoor swimming pool was constructed here in 1908. It was made by damming up Tyler Creek. The "mud-hole" arrangement lasted until 1924 when a concrete bottom swimming pool was constructed nearby. Over the years, the pool was enlarged and improved upon several times. The most recent was in the year 2000.