708 N. GROVE AVENUE
708 N. Grove Avenue was built for Dewey and Henrietta Warner in 1915. Dewey was employed with the Elgin National Watch Company in 1904 and continued to work there for twenty-five years. He and his wife, Henrietta, had no children and in 1963, Henrietta passed away. Dewey sold the house less than a year later.
708 N. Grove Avenue has very little alterations since it was built in 1915 and is considered a significant property in the Northeast Neighborhood Historic Resources Survey. 708 N. Grove Avenue was built in the American Foursquare typology and reflects simplistic details throughout. The home exhibits a full-width front porch on a stone foundation. It has a pyramidal roof with wide, enclosed eaves and dormers found at three roof planes. The home also has original, single, paired or triple set windows with plain surrounds.
Sources: 2008 Heritage Plaque Application; Audio: TextAloud