334 ORANGE STREET
334 Orange Street was built in 1926 for Charles M. and Ora Brier. The Briers lived in this home briefly as they moved back to Hampshire where Charles worked as a dairy farmer. They rented the house to Clarence and Katherine Doyle from around 1929 until the Doyles were able to purchase the house from the Briers in 1946. The Doyles lived in the home until 1975.
334 Orange Street is a classic example of an early 20th century bungalow. The house embodies several distinctive characteristics of the Bungalow typology including the elevated front porch, natural colored exterior, multi-pane-over-one double-hung, grouped windows and clipped, front gabled roof with large overhanging eaves.
Sources: 2010 Heritage Plaque Application; Audio: TextAloud