313 PERRY STREET
313 Perry Street was built in 1915 for Oscar and Fanny Eisenbise. Oscar was a gate repairman for the Chicago, Milwaukee, and St. Paul Railroad. The Eisenbise family sold this house to Herman C. Rahn and his wife, Emma in 1920. The Eisenbise family moved to Long Beach, California at that time. Herman was employed in the plate department at the Elgin National Watch Company for 45 years before retiring in 1932. Herman passed away in 1952 and in 1954, Emma sold the house to Spencer and Anna Lehman. Spencer was an engineer for the Chicago, Milwaukee and St. Paul Railway. In 1967, the Lehman family sold the house to Ann Rose Stone, who lived at 314 Elm Street.
313 Perry Street is an example of a Craftsman Style Bungalow. The house embodies several distinctive characteristics of the Bungalow typology including the prominent, elevated front porch; hipped roof, with front dormer; natural colored, stucco exterior; and large overhanging eaves, to name a few.
Sources: 2009 Heritage Plaque Application; Audio: TextAloud